The Tractor Restoration Process
No one else pays as much attention to detail as Terry does when he restores a tractor. He is a consummate professional when it comes to restoring tractors. From beginning to end, you can rest assured that your tractor is in the hands of a professional who is restoring your tractor as id it were his own.
1) Disassembling the Tractor
- The entire tractor is disassembled, right down to the last screw.
- Every part is inspected for defects.
- Parts are ordered.
2) Prepping the Tractor
- All parts are cleaned and degreased, if needed.
- All parts are sand-blasted, using a commercial-grade sand blaster.
- Any and all pitting is filled-in.
- All dents and scratches are repaired.
3) Mechanical Repairs
- The engine is disassembled.
- All gaskets and bearings are discarded.
- Clean and degrease engine parts.
- Order necessary parts.
- Replace all bearings and gaskets with new, John Deere bearings and gaskets.
- Reassemble engine.
- Each part is individually painted.
- Parts are coated with primer.
- All parts are painted with paint specified by customer.
- All painted parts are re-coated.
- Mount engine to tractor.
- Reassemble all parts.
- Mount wheels.
- Affix new decals around tractor.
6) Final Steps
- Run tractor for quality inspection
- Tractor is now better than brand-new, showroom-ready.